Job Title: Collections Specialist, Full Time
Reports to: Credit Manager
The Collections Specialist is responsible collecting balances due from designated customer accounts receivables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Accept all phone calls from designated customer accounts.
- Refer credit applications to the AR/Collections Clerk for processing. Once the application is complete and processed the Collections Specialist will make a recommendation of credit. This will be given to the Credit Manager for final credit approval.
- Make collection calls to assigned customer accounts utilizing the pre-established collection standards.
- Responsible for maintaining collections at a minimum total per month to be determined by management.
- Make changes to customer master files such as errors, misspellings or other inaccurate information, also; credit status, tax schedules, phone numbers or emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required, college course work a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business to business collections.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and/or billing processes is desirable
- Accuracy, professional attitude and customer service skill required.
- Ability to interact with employees, team members and customers in a professional manner
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.