Job Title: Fire Sprinkler Install Helper, Full Time
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 510 W. Benson St. Cincinnati, OH
This position will be responsible to assist in the installation of wet, dry, pre-action and deluge fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial, residential buildings, and industrial applications in compliance with current codes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the installation and repair of fire sprinkler systems per specifications
- Communicate with manager safety hazards and discrepancies found on job site
- Maintain vehicle inventory and keep company owned vehicle and tools clean and organized
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on job sites, operating a company vehicle, or on company property
- Ability to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Adhere to company safe working policies and procedures at all times
Skills and Knowledge
- 1-5 years’ industry experience a plus but not required. Will train a qualified applicant.
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
- Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as working within ducts, crawl spaces, climbing a ladder, outside in the heat or cold, on lift equipment, or dirty environments.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds above head
- Ability to take direction
- Must be able to read a tape measure and have some hand and power tool usage experience
- Plan reading and interpretation a plus
- Must be willing to travel
All commercial buildings including retail, office, hotels, and various industrial, educational facilities, nursing homes, hospitals etc.
Competitive based on your level of experience and education
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* Protegis Fire and Safety is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.