Reading, OH 45215
Job Title: Service Technician, Fire Alarm, Full Time
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 510 W. Benson Street Cincinnati, OH 45215
This position requires the ability to inspect fire alarm systems in commercial and industrial buildings according to standards throughout a specific service territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Conduct service calls including; service and repairs to the prescribed standards in allotted time frame
- Identify code and non-conformance issues of fire protection systems and ensure deficiencies found are promptly reported and corrected
- Work independently, with little supervision to organize, prioritize, and communicate with customers to schedule daily route
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation identifying services performed, deficiencies, repairs needed or completed using paperless software and company owned tablet.
- Communicate with coordinator about work load, customer info, feedback from field, etc.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on job sites, operating a company vehicle, or on company property
- Territory growth including information gathering, and up-selling.
- Stay up-to-date on changing technology, installation and testing methods. and industry standards
- Maintain vehicle inventory and keep company owned vehicle and tools clean and organized
- Adhere to company safe working policies and procedures at all times
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 1-5 years previous industry experience
- Must have Ohio State Fire Marshal Fire Alarm certification
- Must have knowledge of NFPA standards
- Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as working within ducts, crawl spaces, climbing a ladder, outside in the heat or cold, on lift equipment, or dirty environments
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds above head
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Sales aptitude a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
COMPENSATION Competitive based on experience and education
- Independent technicians may receive company vehicle, tools, iPhone, and iPad.
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.