Job Title: Senior Accountant with Project Accounting Experience
Reports to: Corporate Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt Salary
Location: 4545 West 160th St. Cleveland, OH 44135
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions including project accounting. Senior accountant responsibilities include ensuring all general ledger accounts are reconciled, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. This individual will also have project accounting responsibilities. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with cross functional teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Accounting Responsibilities:
- Conduct/oversee monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Perform calculation for key G/L accounts and ensure necessary adjustments are recorded monthly.
- Coordinate central electronic retention of all departmental support for journal entries and other transactions.
- Complete and assist with monthly/quarterly financial measurement metrics and covenants.
- Work with operations team on various ad-hoc projects.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
- Ensure all inter-company transactions/accounts reconcile.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule.
- Assist with annual audits and other compliance audit as necessary.
- Assist in the review of Accounting Staff workpapers and calculations.
- Responsible for conducting/overseeing all accounting functions relating to assigned projects (ap, ar, job costs, etc).
- Responsible for monthly monitoring and enforcing company policy and procedures with regard to assigned projects.
- Interface with project coordinators and their various duties related to job costing.
- Review and approve Subcontractor payment applications and supporting documents to release payments on projects.
- Maintain percentage completion reports and the month end process of over/under billing adjustments.
- Reconciliation of job costing with direct costs on GL.
- Provide adhoc project financial analysis to senior management, sales estimators, and project managers.
Skills and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4-6+ years of accounting experience with at least 3 years of Construction Accounting (Percentage of Accounting) experience
- Public Accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- Experience with Inventory Control
- ERP System Experience – MS Navision experience strongly preferred
- Extensive Account Reconciliation Experience
- Must be reliable and possess a strong work ethic.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable and accurate.
- Highly Efficient/Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing process improvements.
Normal office environment
Competitive based on your level of experience and education
- Basic life policy and long term disability provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental, life and disability
- 401k available with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.