Job Title: Fire Protection Technician, Full Time
Location: 4545 W. 160th Street Cleveland, OH 44135
This is a general licensed fire protection posting. ABCO is always growing and looking for experienced fire protection technicians to join our team.
This position requires the ability to service, inspect and repair fire protections systems in commercial and industrial buildings according to standards throughout a specific Toledo service territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Conduct service calls including; systems testing, inspections, and repairs to the prescribed standards in allotted time frame
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting
- Identify code and non-conformance issues of fire protection systems and ensure deficiencies found are promptly reported and corrected
- Work independently, with little supervision to organize, prioritize, and communicate with customers to schedule daily route
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation identifying services performed, deficiencies, repairs needed or completed using paperless software and company owned tablet.
- Communicate with coordinator about work load, customer info, feedback from field, etc.
- Participate in on-call emergency service rotation
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on job sites, operating a company vehicle, or on company property
- Territory growth including cold-calling, information gathering, and up-selling.
- Stay up-to-date on changing technology, installation and testing methods. and industry standards
- Maintain vehicle inventory and keep company owned vehicle and tools clean and organized
- Adhere to company safe working policies and procedures at all times
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 1-5 years’ previous industry experience
- Must have Ohio State Fire Marshal certification
- Must have knowledge of NFPA standards
- Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as working within ducts, crawl spaces, climbing a ladder, outside in the heat or cold, on lift equipment, or dirty environments.
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds above head
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Sales aptitude a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
Competitive based on experience and education
- Independent technicians may receive company vehicle, tools, iPhone, and iPad.
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.