Job Title: Service Technician, Shop, Full Time
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 510 W. Benson St. Cincinnati, OH 45215
This entry level position inspects, repairs, and maintains a wide variety of fire extinguishers, equipment, and cylinders in accordance with applicable codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Inspects, repairs, and test fire extinguishers using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices.
- Dismantles extinguishers and examines mechanical parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means; replaces worn or damaged parts.
- Cleans extinguishers and recharges them with approved materials.
- Communicate and relay information to office personnel and service technicians in regards to completion of work, or required follow up and recommendations.
- Document and communicate results in a manner that is understood by the customer
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Stay up-to-date on changing technology, installation and testing methods and industry standards
- Maintain cleanliness of shop
- Adhere to company safe working policies and procedures at all times
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 1-5 years’ industry experience preferred, but will train a qualified candidate.
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- MUST have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
WORK ENVIRONMENT Warehouse/shop
- Basic life policy provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental, life and disability
- 401k available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is a equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.