Job Title: Engineered Fire Protection Technician, Full Time
Location: 4545 W. 160th St. Cleveland, OH 44135
This position requires the ability to service, inspect, and repair engineered fire protections systems in commercial and industrial buildings according to standards throughout a specific service territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Conduct service calls including; systems testing, inspections, and repairs to the prescribed standards in allotted time frame
- Perform on-site emergency troubleshooting
- Identify code and non-conformance issues of fire protection systems and ensure deficiencies found are promptly reported and corrected
- Work independently, with little supervision to organize, prioritize, and communicate with customers to schedule daily route
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation identifying services performed, deficiencies, repairs needed or completed using paperless software and company owned tablet.
- Communicate with coordinator about work load, customer info, feedback from field, etc.
- Participate in on-call emergency service rotation
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on job sites, operating a company vehicle, or on company property
- Territory growth including cold-calling, information gathering, and up-selling.
- Stay up-to-date on changing technology, installation and testing methods. and industry standards
- Maintain vehicle inventory and keep company owned vehicle and tools clean and organized
- Adhere to company safe working policies and procedures at all times
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 1-5 years’ previous industry experience
- Must have Ohio State Fire Marshal engineered certification
- Must have knowledge of NFPA standards
- Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as working within ducts, crawl spaces, climbing a ladder, outside in the heat or cold, on lift equipment, or dirty environments.
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds above head
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Sales aptitude a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
Competitive based on experience and education
- Independent technicians may receive company vehicle, tools, iPhone, and iPad.
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.