Job Title: Fire Sprinkler Designer
Reports to: Department Manager
Location: 510 W. Benson Street Cincinnati, OH 45215
Develop equipment and device layouts, details, diagrams and specifications utilizing AutoCAD.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop equipment and device layouts, details, diagrams and specifications utilizing AutoCAD. Company currently utilizes Hydratec adaptive software.
- Perform site surveys of existing building structure and mechanical systems in order to produce drawing and access fire protection requirements.
- Work with the sales and technical staff to interpret project specifications and drawings, determining system layout.
- Perform calculations and utilize various third-party manufacturer software packages related to the design.
- Compile submittal packages for permit and engineer review.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Attend project coordination meetings to establish routing with the other trades and discuss construction schedule with general contractor.
- Make detailed material list, obtain vendor quotes, and place orders for fabrication and loose material. This includes generating fabrication stock list from our software package.
- Maintain proper project documentation including submittals, approvals, material orders and warranty information
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned by management.
Skills and KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of Fire Protection systems: sprinkler – wet, dry, pre-action, standpipe, and fire pump. NICET certification a plus
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in fire sprinkler design using AutoCAD, with formal training, but are willing to train ambitious applicants.
- Must understand the process of construction and the ability to work with general contractor to establish project schedule
- BIM coordination experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer with experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Requires strong organization and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Competitive based on your level of experience and license/certifications held
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.