Job Title: Fire Sprinkler Installer
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Location: 510 W. Benson St. Cincinnati, OH 45215
Fire sprinkler installers are responsible for the complete installation of fire sprinkler systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings according to standards. The selected applicant will work closely with experienced ABCO Sprinkler Installers to learn the trade, and will be expected to function independently within a year. Applications from experienced fitters will be considered, but no previous fire system installation experience is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Trainee’s MUST successfully obtain and maintain a State of Ohio Fire Protection License for sprinkler and standpipes
- Complete installation and repair of sprinkler systems per specifications in a timely manner while working in conjunction with other trades in a construction environment
- Identify code issues and non-conformance issues of sprinklers, fire pumps, and backflows
- Maintain proper and accurate records and files identifying work completed, time on site, deficiencies, and change orders
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, saws, drills, pipe benders, and testing equipment
- Delegate tasks as appropriate to assistants to fulfill job deadlines
- Communicate with customers to assure any system deficiencies are promptly reported and corrected
- Communicate with coordinator about job progress, customer info, change orders, feedback from field, etc.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on job sites, operating a company vehicle, or on company property.
- Stay up-to-date on changing technology, installation and testing methods. and industry standards
- Keep company owned vehicle and tools clean and organized
- Ensure all employees on job site adhere to company safety policies and procedures
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 1-5 years’ industry experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points, and pass pre-employment background and drug screenings
- Knowledge of NFPA standards and current State of Ohio Fire Protection License for sprinkler and standpipe, or ability to obtain licenses within 6 months required.
- General construction job
- Ability to read blue prints and redline fab drawings a must.
- Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as working within ducts, crawl spaces, climbing a ladder, outside in the heat or cold, on lift equipment, or dirty environments.
- Ability to work at heights in a man lift and lift 50+ pounds above head
- Must be team oriented with the ability to lead.
- Strong working knowledge of wet and dry fire sprinklers systems
- Must have excellent communication skills and positive customer service attitude
- Sales aptitude a plus
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must be willing to travel
All commercial buildings including retail, office, hotels, and various industrial, educational facilities, nursing homes, hospitals etc.
COMPENSATION: Competitive based on your level of experience and education.
- Independent technicians may receive company vehicle, tools, iPhone, and iPad.
- Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
- Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
- 401k available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
* ABCO Fire LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.